I will be flying up to San Francisco, July 21st. We are having one day of staging-- its orientation and pre-training info. I'm anticipating a lot of paperwork and a lot of talk and reflection. Stuff like that. But, I'm excited.
We have a long haul trip to Cambodia though. Our flight schedule looks like this:
July 22nd, leave from SFO for Tokyo on an 11 hour 15 min flight.
July 23, leave Tokyo for Bangkok on a 6 hour and 40 min flight
and finally on,
July 24, leave Bangkok and arrive in Phnom Penh on a 1 hour 15 min flight...phwwww...
I'm still thinking about what I should pack. I think the roller duffel I purchased from Costco may be too big. The dimensions are within Peace Corps limits, but I don't think I'll be packing for 2 years.
Using my handy desk calendar at work, I am realizing that I am only bound to 10 more days of work! wowo! However, I mentally signed out like 2-3 weeks ago (blogging from work...). pretty ridiculous. And, you know what else?!?! I have jury service duty my last week of work. ughhhh..so annoying.
I'm trying to meet up with family and friends before I leave. All this meeting up and eating is really cutting into my running routine (I ran one day this week):
- This past Sunday, I had dinner with my Grandma and my aunts and uncles;
- Monday, I had dinner with Naveen;
- Wednesday, I had dinner with my uncle Charlie;
- tonight, i'll be joining my cousin Ben and his wife Cherie for dinner;
- Friday night, i'll be making mochi with Jennifer;
- Sunday is Father's day, which probably means Baccali
- And, for the next 3 consecutive sundays, I will be attending Hollywood Bowl shows--which means, I will need to cook food. I love Bowl shows!
Here's a video of me feeding geese in Cerritos Park---