Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bali

I spent my last 3 days in the Sanur and Kuta/Legian areas of Bali. Both are beach places, but very dissimilar. Sanur is more family and senior friendly. Frankly, Sanur was a bit of a snore. I did get to visit the Orchid garden though. But, that sounds like a Golden Girls moment. I wanted to spend some time around the beach and I thought Sanur would be a nice alternative to Ubud, but it wasn't what I expected somehow. Too slow...so, I packed up and spent my last day and night in Kuta.

Kuta/Legian are for the party going crowd. In Kuta, I stayed in a $7 room located on one of the two backpacker alleys and it really reminded me of Khao San Road in Bangkok. All night partying and drunken debauchery by the 20-30 year old crowd. If I were that kind of person, I probably would've enjoyed the night life. But, the beaches are really beautiful.

Here are some more photos of Bali. I'll upload the rest to my picasa, so please take a look when you have time.


FATTY TUNA for lunch


Snack Time: Carrot cake and a cup of tea


I Heart Bali--Lime and Mint Iced tea


Kuta Beach


Bye Bye Bali

No comments: